Cape Town-born singer and songwriter, Keanu Harker, is set to launch his latest single, No More on all major digital platforms this Youth Day (Thursday 16 June 2022), following up on his well-received first album, I Believe in Me.
Known for his love of motivational, uplifting music the 26-year-old performer who writes all his own music, is once again going the inspirational route.
“The song No More is a follow-up to my second single, I Believe in Me, off my first album, and both songs speak about standing up for yourselves and what you believe in. There is going to be no more hiding, no more crying, no more backing down and no more believing that we are not good enough to do what we set our minds to,” he said.
Originally from Belhar, Keanu first caught the attention of audiences around the country in 2019 as a finalist on The Voice SA season 3. He has since gone on to perform with musical greats both nationally and internationally.
He released his first album in November 2021 and says that albeit different, the latest song delivers a similar message.
“I am big on writing motivational and inspiring songs, and the feedback I’ve received from previous songs was an encouragement to me. I know some people have dreams, goals and aspirations, but they have this voice in their heads saying they can’t do it. I just wanted this song to be a reminder that even though we’ve listened to that voice for so long, it stops here, we are listening no more.”
Compared to his previous album, No More’s music production has taken a different route, “My album has a very raw sound, as the entire album has live instrumentation to it and we recorded everything live in-studio whereas No More is very different because it’s a more programmed sound with lots of synth sounds, which is very daunting because it’s a new sound. I’m curious to hear the feedback from those who listen to my music. I’ve always loved the elements that are currently in the song, but never really explored it fully until now,” said the full-time musician who graduated as a Music Industry Specialist and Top Performer from the Cape Music Institute.
For the production of No More, he was assisted by DJ Dave Pearce from the musical duo Pascal & Pearce. Keanu thought he would be the perfect choice as he is a producer with an expansive repertoire and extensive knowledge of the electro and dance genres.
”We recorded the track at the Cosher Recording Studios, in Cape Town, who’ve done amazing work in this industry and continue to bring out hit after hit and I’m honoured to have them support this track and have their name linked to it as well.”
Keanu’s latest song acts as a teaser for the album he is currently working on; “I am currently working on a new album, and have one or two more singles to release before dropping the entire album. I’ve always been a lover of different sounds and styles of music and with my first album, I decided to fill it up with as many sounds within the space and time which is very vast.”
Keanu says that his new album sees him taking a more Pop and R&B approach and getting creative with new sounds. He added that the journey with No More had opened up a lot of ideas for him which he would be exploring on the new album.
“I wrote this song in a very general and neutral approach so that whoever listens to it can apply it to whichever situation they feel relates to them. It’s a type of chant/anthem that will get you motivated and it’s also a reminder and motto to live by, so whether you listen to the music or to the lyrics you can resonate with it.”
No More is available from Thursday 16 June 2022 across all major digital music platforms.
Listen to the single on YouTube here.
Keanu Harker Biography:
- Keanu Harker is one of South Africa’s most exciting young performing artists, recognized both locally and internationally. Keanu Harker grew up in and currently resides in Cape Town.
- Aged 26, he is an exceptionally energetic and enthusiastic multi-talented performing artist. Keanu is not only an incredible vocalist but a consummate guitarist, session musician, stage performer, actor, model, MC and last but not least an inspiring mentor, teacher and role model for the youth.
- This Cape Town-born talent is a natural at songwriting and studio recording and writes all of his own music. Not only is Keanu able to captivate and enthuse an audience with his unique soulful voice but his stage presence and vibe are something incredible to witness!
- He is a self-taught full-time musician who graduated as a Music Industry Specialist and Top Performer from the Cape Music Institute in Cape Town.
- Keanu’s styles/genres include R+B, Soul, Funk, Pop, and Gospel.
Submitted by: Clayton Morar Media